Hello everyone !!
As you know I came back from my trip to Marrakech. So much to tell you. This city so much visited with many things that I could discover. For the record, known as the red city (in Arabic: المدينة الحمراء) or the city ochre, Marrakech is a city located in the center of Morocco, in the inner region of the land, at the foot of the Atlas Mountains.
I stayed 12 days in this beautiful city with a rather arid climate. (If you did not know) You should know that the month of September in Marrakech is warm and dry. We are talking about temperature up to 30 – 37 °. For Moroccans it is only the end of summer because usually they have temperatures that are higher than 45 °. In other words, we can always hope to have the same weather in Paris. For those who follow me on social media you must have seen my Insta Story and several photos that I have already posted on my networks. Marrakech was one of my destinations that I planned to do on my bucket list.
Surprisingly, during this stay I was invited to many places of Marrakech – impossible to avoid the restaurants, the magic places or the prestigious hotels.
Tourist Attractions, Leisure & Well-being
- The discovery of the “Jemâa El-Fna” square located in the middle of the Medina, a popular district of Marrakech generally festive filled with people in the evening and the night: to eat local dishes with friends or to go shopping in the “Zouk” or, like me, take beautiful shots of this red city.
- The visit of the “Jardin Marjorelle” by Yves Saint Laurent. (Did you know?) More than 700 000 people, tourists and Moroccan citizens, visit it every year. The garden, which is spread over less than half a hectare today, goes along a predefined path, with large trees, exotic plants, fountains and a water way with a villa and its bright colors and warm blue Majorelle. Clearly the walk shows the different architectures of this superb location.
- The heart of this trip was quadding in the palm grove (the palm village). I love the thrills of the five hours of Quad, it was just perfect for me with a most favorable weather. I was able to relax in the hammam « Ziani », a very sought after location in Marrakech in the heart of the Medina (for lovers of massages and other relaxations). I can tell, Ladies and Gentlemen, after 1h30 of traditional and exceptional care you come out revitalized and above all relaxed. For fairly reasonable prices.
- I was able to do many activities in Marrakech like horse riding near the lake “Lala Takerkoust” at the dam – to discover this wonderful artificial lake and to gallop with my horse for two hours was just magic. If you are lucky enough to go I will recommend it.
- Obviously, the 1h30 camel ride is a classic (That being said, I prefer by far the horse to the camel). But it depends on your taste, it’s subjective, and it was good to test the two for the first time.
I highly recommend this destination for people who are looking for new adventures and warmth. (If so) Morocco is for you.
A little learning during this stay: I was able to learn several words in Arabic during this stay so for the curious and the interested ones, I give you all the words that I could learn in English translated into Arabic, with their exact translation.
|English / Arabic word in English||Arabic|
|Hello / Salam aalaikom||السلام عليكم|
|What’s up / Labas||لباس|
|How are you / Kidayr||كداير|
|It’s all good / Kolchi mezyan||كلشي مزيان|
|Have a good day / Nhark mebrok||نهارك مبروك|
|Bye / Bessalama||بالسلامة|
My Places of Interest
To help you choose, I created a 5-star rating according to the place’s value for money. Obviously it is subjective since it is my point of view but I think it is always good to have several different opinions.
* no value for money ** poor value for money *** is expensive but worth it **** good value for money ***** Very good value for money
- The Salama Jemaa El Fnaa Skybar **
- The Palace Marrakech ***
- Lotus ***
- The Comptoir ****
- The adress ****
- Café des épices *****
- Riad Monceau Restaurant ***
- Riad Jardin Secret Restaurant ****
- El Fassia *****
- Azar ***
- Garden of the Medina Restaurant ***
- Bjors Of Kabash ***
- Nomad ****
PLACES & HÔTELS
- The Garden Majorelle et Yves Saint Laurent Museum
- Palais Namaskar
- La Mamounia
- Fiesta Beach Marrakesh
- Riad Monceau
- Hôtel Resort Es Saadi
- Hôtel Renaissance Marrakech
- Théâtro de Marrakech
- Placeof Jemâa El-Fna and his Zouk.
- Mosquée of Koutoubia
- Palace El Badi
- Museum of Bert – Flint
- Casino of Marrakech
- Garden of the Medina
- Riad Jardin Secret
Voila, I hope you enjoyed reading this article, I hope you liked it. Don’t hesitate to give me feedbacks – either negative or positive. It’s always good to have good reviews. I’ll see you next week for a new ‘’Travel’’ article.
Nice blog post about Morroco!!! I’ll be there soon! Thanks for sharing
Thank you ! You gonna like it for sure! It’s a wonderful city !
medical marijuana http://marijuanadoctorsflorida.net/
Lovely blog! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also
Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.
This blog is definitely rather handy since I’m at the moment creating an internet floral website – although I am only starting out therefore it’s really fairly small, nothing like this site. Can link to a few of the posts here as they are quite. Thanks much. Zoey Olsen
I just want to say I am all new to blogging and site-building and certainly loved your web blog. Very likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You actually come with good article content. Thanks a bunch for sharing your blog.
Comments are closed.